ILLUMINATION (365 Dao)

  • Staci Doctor
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2005
      ILLUMINATION

      Fire feeding on fire.

      Everyone understands that burning wood produces fire. But when fire
      feeds on fire, that is a rare condition that yields the greatest
      illumination. Two flames come together and yield light more
      magnificent than either could have given forth alone.
      In the case of community activity, this means that when one
      cooperates with others, the accomplishments are greater than what the
      individuals can do on their own. Such a situation requires a harmony
      that will generate ideas, inspiration, as well as momentum for growth
      and action. If the combinations occur properly, the results will be
      like fire upon fire and will illuminate the world. Sometimes, the
      combination comes down to just two people. If two people join forces,
      neither sacrificing their individuality, but only lending their power
      to an endeavor, there will be a wonderful situation that will both
      benefit others and encourage greater growth in the two people as well.

      Fire feeding on fire can also mean the swift exhaustion of all
      energies involved. One must be careful not to lose one's own
      personality in any joining. The idea is integration, not
      assimilation. No matter what can be achieved in joining with others,
      it is wise to remember that we each walk this path independently. The
      ultimate truth of the journey and its final rewards are still for
      each of us to face alone.

      http://members.fortunecity.com/danemead/library/365/069.htm
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 13, 2005
        full moon spotlights a small circle gathered in a bamboo grove.
        inside the circle glows crackling orange embers. a bottle of wine
        makes its rounds, tipping up and down again and again. scraggles of
        melodies waft among the bamboo fronds. later, the circle disbands,
        wandering among the faint trails leading, spoke-like, from the central
        flame--leaving until la bella luna visits again...