morphic resonance

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7 1:53 PM
      After seeing the movie, "What the Bleep Do We Know?" I went to the
      movie's website and saw some books for the layperson dealing with the
      topic discussed in the film, which is quantum field theory. The book
      I ordered from the site has been blowing my mind. It takes some of
      the threads we've discussed in this forum and in other daoforums to
      the next level and then some. Fascinating and energizing to read
      material!

      The author of the book tries to pull together the ideas from the
      bodies of work of many individual scientists and shows how they have
      built upon each other.

      One of the concepts I'm getting into in the book right now is
      something called morphic resonance (hey musician, if you're there,
      remember the first time you used resonance in a.p.t.?) There is a
      mystery of how exactly living cells know how to divide, differentiate,
      and then function the way that particular kind of cell is supposed to
      function. My understanding from the book is that it hasn't even begun
      to be worked out as to the exact mechanism for how this takes places
      beyond a general idea that chemicals and electromagnetic energy and
      DNA are involved. One of the theories is that of a cellular memory
      through an electromagnetic, morphic field at work, where the cell is
      guided by a physical imprint of what it is supposed to look like and
      how to go about getting there.

      Another theory is that morphic resonance need not be confined to the
      cellular level, nor need it be confined to only biological forms.
      Whole solar systems may be guided by it.

      I was just in the kitchen, filling an ice cube tray, when it struck me
      that what if water is subject to morphic resonance? If you look at
      water and how it circulates again and again through our earthly
      system, who is to say it isn't morphic resonance that turns it into an
      ice cube when the cold hits it?

      I'm wondering and will have to let marinate the mixture of quantum
      physics with the concepts of daoism. Time to pull the Tao of Physics
      back off of the shelf and see if it makes sense this time.

      rgds,
      lisa
    • Hayduke
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7 3:57 PM
        And the book would be? Written by whom?

        Michael
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8 8:55 AM
          --- In TaoTalk@yahoogroups.com, Hayduke <hayduke@r...> wrote:
          > And the book would be? Written by whom?
          >
          > Michael

          _The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe_ by Lynne
          McTaggart.

          Also check out http://whatthebleep.com/