taopoetry methinks

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2004
      Sometimes

      Sometimes things don't go, after all,
      from bad to worse. Some years, muscadel
      faces down frost; green thrives; the crops don't fail,
      sometimes a man aims high, and all goes well.

      A people sometimes will step back from war;
      elect an honest man; decide they care
      enough, that they can't leave some stranger poor.
      Some men become what they were born for.

      Sometimes our best efforts do not go
      amiss; sometimes we do as we meant to.
      The sun will sometimes melt a field of sorrow
      that seemed hard frozen: may it happen for you.

      -- by Sheenagh Pugh
      (from the book, Good Poems - edited by Garrison Keillor)