Re: taopoetry -- friendship's tree

    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 2, 2001
      --- In TaoTalk@y..., "Michael Corey" <mike_corey@h...> wrote:
      > >From: "lisa" <oneof10k@a...>
      > >To: TaoTalk@y...
      > >Subject: [TaoTalk] Re: taopoetry -- friendship's tree
      > >Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 00:20:51 -0000
      > >
      > >--- In TaoTalk@y..., "Michael Corey" <mike_corey@h...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > i would add one haiku called 'Silvan Symbiosis':
      > > >
      > > > Once, a fork of lightning and a tree
      > > > flood-framed in a lea
      > > > Splendid, frightful symmetry.
      > > >

      > >misty, twisty, sam i am!
      >
      > i thought you were lisa? lisa, i thought you were, not sam you am.
      >
      > later,
      >
      > Mike C.

      i am i am!

      one website characterizes the good doctor's work as, "ludicrous
      situations pursued with relentless logic."

      you're following in the footsteps of the master, Mike :)

      kind rgds,
      lisa

      > > > later,
      > > >
      > > > Mike C.

    • Michael Corey
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 3, 2001
        >From: "lisa" <oneof10k@...>
        >To: TaoTalk@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [TaoTalk] Re: taopoetry -- friendship's tree
        >Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:05:59 -0000

        'lo luscious lisa,

        u know, u may just have me penned ther. i don't usually say it,
        but i think that is an adequate depiction of the way i see (my) life.
        the good doctor and i may have more in common than u think (or I). wher is
        this website, pray tell?

        >you're following in the footsteps of the master, Mike :)

        we shall see, we shall see. anywayz, what are footsteps, if not to be
        followed? how rare is it that one thinks of their own footsteps, and yet we
        are so quick to praise (or deplore) the footsteps of others. but let me ask
        you again : what kind of things are footsteps, anywayz?
        my guess is that an answer may bring us back to the 'moment,' as a
        footstep trammels the moment, traverses it, never to return. yet, always it
        shall return, as it finds its way once more to the ground.
        or, shall it return to the same spot, but not spot the sameness? wher is
        the logic in that?

        later,

        Mike C.

        >kind rgds,
        >lisa

      • joel
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 3, 2001
          > From: "Michael Corey" <mike_corey@...>
          > Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 11:51:21
          > To: TaoTalk@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [TaoTalk] Re: taopoetry -- friendship's tree
          >
          >> From: "lisa" <oneof10k@...>
          >> To: TaoTalk@yahoogroups.com
          >> Subject: [TaoTalk] Re: taopoetry -- friendship's tree
          >> Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:05:59 -0000

          imho - footsteps are
          the dance
        • Michael Corey
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 4, 2001
            >From: joel <joscann@...>
            >To: <TaoTalk@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [TaoTalk] Re: taopoetry -- friendship's tree
            >Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 23:59:33 +0100
            >

            > > From: "Michael Corey" <mike_corey@...>
            > > Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 11:51:21
            > > To: TaoTalk@yahoogroups.com
            > > Subject: Re: [TaoTalk] Re: taopoetry -- friendship's tree
            > >
            > >> From: "lisa" <oneof10k@...>
            > >> To: TaoTalk@yahoogroups.com
            > >> Subject: [TaoTalk] Re: taopoetry -- friendship's tree
            > >> Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:05:59 -0000

            but who is the partner?

            later,

            Mike C.

          • oneof10k2
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 7, 2001
              --- In TaoTalk@y..., "Michael Corey" <mike_corey@h...> wrote:
              > >From: "lisa" <oneof10k@a...>

              > > > i thought you were lisa? lisa, i thought you were, not sam you
              am.

              > > > later,
              > > >
              > > > Mike C.
              > >
              > >i am i am!
              > >
              > >one website characterizes the good doctor's work as, "ludicrous
              > >situations pursued with relentless logic."
              >
              > 'lo luscious lisa,
              >
              > u know, u may just have me penned ther. i don't usually say it,
              > but i think that is an adequate depiction of the way i see (my)
              life.
              > the good doctor and i may have more in common than u think (or I).
              wher is
              > this website, pray tell?

              I didn't find where the original quote was from, but I put the quote
              into google.com and found:
              http://www.snopes2.com/language/literary/greenegg.htm

              > >you're following in the footsteps of the master, Mike :)
              >
              > we shall see, we shall see. anywayz, what are footsteps, if not
              to be
              > followed?

              Paraphrasing my son's answer when I asked him, they are your story,
              step by step.

              how rare is it that one thinks of their own footsteps, and yet we
              > are so quick to praise (or deplore) the footsteps of others. but
              let me ask
              > you again : what kind of things are footsteps, anywayz?

              markers. what do you say?

              > my guess is that an answer may bring us back to the 'moment,' as
              > footstep trammels the moment, traverses it, never to return. yet,
              always it
              > shall return, as it finds its way once more to the ground.
              > or, shall it return to the same spot, but not spot the sameness?
              wher is
              > the logic in that?

              lol. it is beyond logic, so true. this moment will be forever, but
              it will never be the same again.

              rgds,
              lisa
            • emceekiel
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 21, 2002
                --- In TaoTalk@y..., "oneof10k2" <oneof10k@a...> wrote:
                > --- In TaoTalk@y..., "Michael Corey" <mike_corey@h...> wrote:
                > > >From: "lisa" <oneof10k@a...>

                <snip>

                > > >you're following in the footsteps of the master, Mike :)
                > >
                > > we shall see, we shall see. anywayz, what are footsteps, if
                not
                > to be
                > > followed?
                >
                > Paraphrasing my son's answer when I asked him, they are your story,
                > step by step.
                >
                > how rare is it that one thinks of their own footsteps, and yet we
                > > are so quick to praise (or deplore) the footsteps of others. but
                > let me ask
                > > you again : what kind of things are footsteps, anywayz?
                >
                > markers. what do you say?

                i almost missed this one. i feel compelled to answer your
                question, tho i remember at the time how satisfied i was with yur
                answer, and so i had nothing to add. 'markers' and your son's 'your
                story, step by step' -- great!
                'markers' has all kinds of resonance for me. it is commonly used
                in multimedia to assign a symbol (text, usually) to a key event so
                that it may be referred to easily later on. it is celebratory to
                think that each footstep is a marker, a key event in our lives.

                the only other idea i can offer is an analogy. here is the
                analogy: a footstep is like a working drawbridge. a footstep, while
                being a moment in itself, is meaningless unless it embodied
                movement. the drawbridge main purpose is to facilitate (or impede)
                movement.
                so, if the drawbridge is working, like our footsteps work, it
                always returns to the same spot. BUT, something new has crossed its
                path when it reopens. in a sense, it will NEVER return to the same
                spot twice. in another sense, it was always at the same spot. our
                footsteps do the same. as Lisa says, 'this moment will be forever,
                but it will never be the same again'
                i cannot explain how an always open, or an always closed,
                drawbridge works in this analogy, not yet..

                an appendix: a footstep is the purest form of change that one
                could familiarize themselves with, and analyze somehow. that is my
                assertion, any takers? try this Q: What is the purest and most
                familiar form of change?
                my own second best answer would be a shadow. a shadow, however,
                depends on so many factors that a footstep does not. a footstep
                should be easier to understand than a shadow.

                > > my guess is that an answer may bring us back to the 'moment,'
                as
                > > footstep trammels the moment, traverses it, never to return.
                yet,
                > always it
                > > shall return, as it finds its way once more to the ground.
                > > or, shall it return to the same spot, but not spot the sameness?
                > wher is
                > > the logic in that?
                >
                > lol. it is beyond logic, so true. this moment will be forever,
                but
                > it will never be the same again.

                what moment? oh, you mean this one. or did you mean that one??
                oik %-/

                later,

                Mike C.