back from cedar point

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2001
      Hi all,

      The kids and I just got back from Sandusky, Ohio, where they have
      what is billed as, "the largest amusement park in the world," Cedar
      Point. Last year their newest rollercoaster, The Millenium Force,
      had an all-day waiting list just to get a ticket to let you know when
      you could return to ride it! This year we did meticulous planning in
      order to be able to ride The Millenium Force. We stayed at a hotel
      not far from the place, the same one we always stay at so we know
      exactly how to get to the hotel and how long it takes to get to the
      park, etc. The doors to the place don't open until 9 a.m. and the
      rides don't begin until 10, so we made sure we left for the park at
      8:30. There was already a sizeable line of folks waiting by the time
      we got there. When they finally played our national anthem (let the
      games begin!) we were up for some power walking to the back of the
      park, where our target was located. No running in the park. One guy
      was running and a park staffer told him to stop. He gave the worker
      the finger and kept running. We were amazingly close to the front of
      the line by the time we made it. It took a mere 15 minutes of
      waiting until we were actually aboard, me screaming with anticipation
      as we quickly climbed that first huge hill. There is a full array of
      different types of coasters at Cedar Point, and most of them I'm able
      to hold my arms over my head the whole way through. Not this baby.
      There are two mega drops on TMF and ooh lordy what a rush.

      I told my kids that we live such civilized lives now, no predators
      hunting us and getting our adrenalin pumping, so puny humans recreate
      the danger environment in other ways. Amusement parks are one of
      them. My kids rolled their eyes as usual.

      Anyway, we had a KICKASS time braising in the sun and screaming up
      and down rollercoasters and people watching.

      Lisa
    • Dave Winslow
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2001
        From: lisa <oneof10k@...>

        > Hi all,
        >
        > The kids and I just got back from Sandusky, Ohio, where they have
        > what is billed as, "the largest amusement park in the world," Cedar
        > Point. Last year their newest rollercoaster, The Millenium Force,
        > had an all-day waiting list just to get a ticket to let you know when
        > you could return to ride it! This year we did meticulous planning in
        > order to be able to ride The Millenium Force. We stayed at a hotel
        > not far from the place, the same one we always stay at so we know
        > exactly how to get to the hotel and how long it takes to get to the
        > park, etc. The doors to the place don't open until 9 a.m. and the
        > rides don't begin until 10, so we made sure we left for the park at
        > 8:30. There was already a sizeable line of folks waiting by the time
        > we got there. When they finally played our national anthem (let the
        > games begin!) we were up for some power walking to the back of the
        > park, where our target was located. No running in the park. One guy
        > was running and a park staffer told him to stop. He gave the worker
        > the finger and kept running. We were amazingly close to the front of
        > the line by the time we made it. It took a mere 15 minutes of
        > waiting until we were actually aboard, me screaming with anticipation
        > as we quickly climbed that first huge hill. There is a full array of
        > different types of coasters at Cedar Point, and most of them I'm able
        > to hold my arms over my head the whole way through. Not this baby.
        > There are two mega drops on TMF and ooh lordy what a rush.
        >
        > I told my kids that we live such civilized lives now, no predators
        > hunting us and getting our adrenalin pumping, so puny humans recreate
        > the danger environment in other ways. Amusement parks are one of
        > them. My kids rolled their eyes as usual.
        >
        > Anyway, we had a KICKASS time braising in the sun and screaming up
        > and down rollercoasters and people watching.
        >
        > Lisa

        Hi Lisa,

        Never heard of Cedar Point but it sounds like it may be worth the ride to
        Ohio some day. I too love roller coasters, the only ride I would go out of
        my way for. I didn't roll my eyes, I think you are right on. thanks for the
        story.

        Dave