Re: hello

  • Tess
    Message 1 of 10 , May 5, 1999
      Hi Degasian,

      Thank you for the little tanka--I like it. Tanka is a new form for me and
      I am working on several little ones right now. I'll post them as soon as
      they are done :)

      Tess

      At 05:38 PM 4/30/99 +0100, you wrote:
      >From: "Degasian" <degasian@...-online.co.uk>
      >
      >Hi Tess - you're right it sure is quiet - hope you like the little tanka
      >
      >Working in the study,
      >Doors ajar letting in the cool breeze -
      >Birdsong a welcome guest.
      >
      >There is peace no, where anger stood;
      >We are nothing but breath on the wind.
      >----------------------------------------------------------:) Degasian

      __________________________

      Women who love adventure: Try adventure_wo at www.onelist.com.
      Let's share our resources!
      _________________________
    • Degasian
      Message 2 of 10 , May 5, 1999
        Tess

        Hi. Look forward to seeing your work. Like you I am new to the tanka,
        although I have done some haiku before. My understanding is that where
        haiku is supposed to be a clear statement of what *is* in the moment, the
        two additional lines of tanka allow for some emotional reaction or comment
        on the theme.

        Anyhow, rules are to be learned and expanded upon. I find it best just to
        be spontaneous with the haiku, letting whatever is in front of me speak
        through me.

        Unopened Pot Noodle
        Still on my study desk -
        Busy day or lazy soul?

      • puneet@cyberzest.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2001
          Hello,
          I welcome you all to http://www.midnightedition.com . Midnightedition
          is a poetry site. If you like interctive poetry, you could go to
          Muse Whispers
          http://midnightedition.com/havesay/showBoardDetail.asp?board_id=4

          Haiku
          http://midnightedition.com/havesay/showBoardDetail.asp?board_id=7
        • andrewriutta
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 5, 2005
            Hello-
            I'm new to this forum, and I am looking forward to learning and
            sharing.

            andrew
          • anya@mind.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 5, 2005
              andrewriutta wrote:

              >Hello-
              >I'm new to this forum, and I am looking forward to learning and
              >sharing.
              >

              >andrew
              >

              >---A very warm my friend, I know you'll like the folks on this list . . . love ya, an'ya

            • andrewriutta
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 5, 2005
                --- In Tanka@yahoogroups.com, "anya@m..." <anya@m...> wrote:
                > andrewriutta wrote:
                >
                > >Hello-
                > >I'm new to this forum, and I am looking forward to learning and
                > >sharing.
                > >

                > >andrew
                > >

                > >---A very warm my friend, I know you'll like the folks on this
                list . . . love ya, an'ya

                Thank you an'ya!

                andrew

              • kirsty@midcoast.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 6, 2005

                  Welcome, Andrew. Nice to have you here. Kirsty>

                  Hello-
                  > I'm new to this forum, and I am looking forward to learning and
                  > sharing.
                  >

                  > andrew
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • andrewriutta
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 6, 2005
                    --- In Tanka@yahoogroups.com, <kirsty@m...> wrote:

                    > Welcome, Andrew. Nice to have you here. Kirsty>

                    Thank you Kirsty, I am happy to be here.

                    andrew