Re: tanka series

  • jw_nightowl
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
      Cindy,

      Excellent idea using paintings as a means of inspiration. I've been
      trying something similar with old photographs which might turn into a
      series. Thanks for sharing these tanka -- I enjoyed reading them.

      Jane +++

    • priszm@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
        In a message dated 6/1/2002 2:21:58 PM Central Daylight Time, jw_nightowl@... writes:

        Cindy,

        Excellent idea using paintings as a means of inspiration. I've been
        trying something similar with old photographs which might turn into a
        series.  Thanks for sharing these tanka -- I enjoyed reading them.

        Jane +++

        Thank you for your comments, Jane.

        I think writing tanka from old photos
        would be more interesting.  Especially
        old family photos.

        In paintings, it's sometimes hard to put my own experience into
        the picture and still write about what's in the picture.
        I suppose that's the challenge of it.

        Thanks,

        Cindy
      • blomstereng
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
          Cindy and Jane...both of you writing some particularily fine tanka
          series. As I recall there is a section for this kind of thing in
          Tanka Splendor. You are getting me fired up...kirsty