RE: [Tanka] Jane's Yahoogroups forum..in honor

  • Spiros Zafiris
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 10, 2013
      ..Jane, O Jane....i mean, in the poem, "stature" in the sense
      of magnificence..stature means, also, "greatness" and "greatness"
      is a synonym of 'magnificence'..as for the poem entitled, San
      Juan, I sent it to you at your janeATahapoetry.com email address
      [of course i used @ for AT] and i sent it on Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013
      at 8:09 P.M...it is a longer poem about how we came a hair length's away from crashing..the cargo plane we were on had a faulty
      fuel gauge--the pin was stuck, showing we had fuel when we didn't
      ..respectfully..>>spiros
      ~~

      From: Jane Reichhold jane@... <mailto:jane%40ahapoetry.com>
      To: Tanka@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Tanka%40yahoogroups.com>

      Spiros,

      I cannot figure out what "above such stature" means and what it adds to the
      poem. Since length seems to be a slight problem I was wondering if that idea
      could be given other words or left out. Also, if you are going to title the
      poem with 'in honor' I do not feel you need to repeat that in the last line.
      I think the idea of the poem is worthy of a bit more work on the wording to
      make it fit the tanka form.

      I hope this helps.

      \o/ Jane

        _____

      From: Spiros Zafiris misterspiros@... <mailto:misterspiros%40yahoo.ca>

      Subject: [Tanka] Jane's Yahoogroups forum..in honor
      To: Tanka@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Tanka%40yahoogroups.com>

      in honor

      mountain brook,
      my legs--my arms--
      barely rise
      above such stature:
      they're flutes the rest of my plays, in honor
      ~~
      .Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013..(C)2013 Spiros Zafiris
      ..channeled; spirit Harmony; reaching
      into the poet's mind
      ~~