Check out the latest update to Tanka Online

  • Jemrich@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2010
      Tanka Online is pleased to announce our latest update, featuring Indian
      musician and poet, Kala Ramesh. An interview with Kala by Amelia Fielden, "A
      Song in the Air: an Indian Musician's Path to Haiku and Tanka," recounts
      how Kala started writing the Japanese forms and also how her music background
      and the Indian concept of rasa shapes her poetry. Rasa, according to
      Kala, " means the aesthetic emotion — a flavor, the distilled essence of the
      mood created in the listener’s mind . . . the residue left in our minds after
      we appreciate a piece of art." Check out Kala's interview, her inspiring
      tanka, and also the latest verses of our regulars--Jeanne Emrich, Mariko
      Kitakubo, Michael McClintock, Maggie Chula, Amelia fielden, and Tom
      Clausen--at _www.tankaonline.com_ (http://www.tankaonline.com) .
      Warmest wishes for a Happy New Year!
      Jeanne Emrich
      Tanka Online Webmaster

    • H. Gene Murtha
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2010
        thanks for the link Jeanne, nice stuff. Gene

      • Jemrich@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2010
          Thanks, Gene! -- Jeanne