apology notes

  • KaraLuna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2005
      apology notes
      between your photograph
      and pressed violets--
      I wonder who’s accepting
      them now

      Kathy Lippard Cobb

    • Gary Blankenship
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2005
        apology notes
        between your photograph
        and pressed violets--
        I wonder who’s accepting
        them now

        Kathy Lippard Cobb

        Kathy, fine tanka all around. In the above, I wonder if apologies would work for line one.

        Thanks.

        Gary

        Come read the April FireWeed, here at last. Go in through http://www.mindfirerenew.com/<http://www.mindfirerenew.com/>
        to get to the issue in a couple of clicks

      • KaraLuna@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2005
          In a message dated 5/1/2005 10:21:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          garydawg@... writes:

          Kathy, fine tanka all around. In the above, I wonder if apologies would work
          for line one.

          Thanks.

          Gary
          I had apology, apologies, your apology, your apologies, but for some reason,
          I kept coming back to apology notes. I just liked the sound and feel of it.

          Glad to you liked this!

          Kat

        • KaraLuna@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2005
            garydawg@... writes:
            Kathy, fine tanka all around. In the above, I wonder if apologies would work
            for line one.

            Thanks.

            Gary
            Hm.............you know, the more I think about it, I really do like
            apologies too, it works well with the last line..........but I still like notes too
            because it adds a bit more of a tangible quality and makes the reader wonder,
            who is keeping these little notes in their albums these days.

            However, I am bouncing back and forth and back and forth................you
            guys are good and you make me think

          • ceto11
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2005
              --- In Tanka@yahoogroups.com, KaraLuna@a... wrote:
              > apology notes
              > between your photograph
              > and pressed violets--
              > I wonder who’s accepting
              > them now
              >
              > Kathy Lippard Cobb

              I prefer 'notes.'
              It picks up the long 'o'
              in phot'o'graph and
              vi'o'lets and the 'n'
              of notes and now as well
              as the 's' sound
              also found in pressed/violets and accepting.

              Agree that 'notes'
              is more tangible and in my opinion, a better
              fit with 'photograph' and 'pressed violets.'

              Cindy
            • KaraLuna@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , May 2, 2005
                In a message dated 5/1/2005 10:37:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time, priszm@...
                writes:
                Agree that 'notes'
                is more tangible and in my opinion, a better
                fit with 'photograph' and 'pressed violets.'

                Cindy
                Wow, you really diagram tanka, don't you? I know that an'ya does too. I write
                it, and just keep reading it aloud over and over again, until I like the
                overall sound of it. It doesn't get posted until it has been analyzed to death by
                me. So, I guess that too is a way of doing the same thing. It's interesting
                how different writers do things.

                Thanks Cindy.

                Kat ;-)