Re: New to Tanglewood and Group

  • Sherry
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6 11:09 AM
      Thanks for the info about the Josephus book. If I come across it at a
      cheap price, I think I will get it. We have read the OT from the
      Ergermeir's Bible (which we loved), so I have covered some of it.

      Well, I have changed my mind again, lol. I'm finding that some of the
      Tanglewood RA's are Readers in later years for SL. I think I will do as
      you and stick with SL as my base, and incorporate Tanglewood books for
      our home library. Any SL or Tanglewood books we don't want to keep, I
      will list on PBS, and then get credits for more books.

      I wish I had done as you and done Core B for K. This is why I am doing
      Core 1 and 2 in three years, and then I can do Core 3 for 4th grade. I
      think I will also get Our Island Story and use it for next year. I also
      want to get the d'Aulaire books, the Hollings books, and the Burgess
      books.

      We are doing 2-3 days of school this summer by reading CHOW. I really
      like CHOW, and dd likes it too. We are taking a break from the heavier
      books and reading Boxcar Children. I think dd could read a lot of it
      herself, but she wants me to read them.

      Thanks for discussing this with me! It's nice to find another planner,
      lol. I think it's fun, although when I discuss it with other hs'ing
      friends, their eyes start to glaze over, lol.

      Sherry