Re: [TanglewoodCommunity] Re: Classical with CM approach

  • Sarah Schira
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2005

      >Okay, so how about those book choices? Anyone? How were the
      >Tanglewood books chosen, any thoughts?

      I'm back from vacation now. :-) I really don't know. I haven't ever
      seen anything about this on the site. I'd say she chose them based on
      her own readings about CM, her experience as a teacher, and the books
      that she loves, but that's only a best guess.

      Donna, your concern is that the Tanglewood books aren't as challenging
      as Ambleside, correct? I can't really speak to that, since you know
      your daughter best. Sometimes, though, reading a non-twaddle book that
      is easier can really light a fire and a passion for reading. A child's
      independant reading level is always less than their working level, and
      allowing children to read good books that aren't always challenging
      their maximum is a recipe for reading success.

      >Cindy, I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally took no
      >offense to your post. As you can tell, I get pretty wordy myself
      >sometimes!

      Without wordy posters, the internet-support world would be pretty empty,
      lol.
    • Cindy TS
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2005
        Hi Sarah welcome back. I hope you had a lovely trip
        and are rejuvenated. Yes I too am very hopeful that
        this will become an active and resourceful group. My
        corebook has arrived and we will begin first grade in
        a few weeks.

        >Unfortunately, she's too swamped. She is planning on
        >putting a link up to this group from the Tanglewood
        >website, which will hopefully increace membership and
        >therefore helpfulness.

        > Without wordy posters, the internet-support world
        > would be pretty empty,
        > lol.

        Good I'm glad you feel this way too! though I was
        beginning to feel that I was talking to
        myself....which would actually not be too surprising!!
        tee hee
        Peace & Joy
        Cindy

        Yahoo! Sports