Re: Hangin out my Shingle

  • Mark A. Pflum
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25 7:02 AM
      --- In TalkAntietam@y..., <grabilljs@h...> wrote:
      > Greetings!
      >
      > Know ye, that the Honorable Assistant Surgeon of the 27th Virginia
      > Volunteers of the renown "Stonewall Brigade" is open for business in
      this group! Calomel, Dovers Powders, and other Apothicaries are
      available! Surgery by appointment or Emergency.

      > Your Obt. Servant,
      >
      > Capt Jason S. Grabill
      > Assistant Surgeon,
      > 27th Regiment Virginia Volunteer Infantry
      > "The Stonewall Brigade"
      > "Aim, Fire low, and may God have mercy on their souls"
      > Brigadier General Thomas J. Jackson at 1st Manassas 21 July 1861

      Sir!

      It will take a great deal of Blue Mass to achieve recovery from the
      latest ailment we have suffered through. I hope your supplies are up
      to the demand. ;-)

      Hey! Where you heading with that knife and saw!

      Glad to see you around the fire, Captain!

      Mark A. Pflum
      (rank as needed)
      Captain Durell's Independent Battery "D," P.V.A.
      The Ringgold Battery
    • grabilljs@hqmc.usmc.mil
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25 7:14 AM
        Always a pleasure to serve those most in need. I see we have had a severe
        attack of the bilious sort, followed by complications of fever with
        paroxyms. Luckily, the prior purgative appears to have settled the matter.
        I stand ready for further service, Sir!

        Your Obt Svt &c &c..