Amniversary hikes: comments?

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24, 2002
      For anyone who participated in this year's anniversary hikes at Antietam, do
      you have any comments about the hikes? I've been asked to pass along my
      comments and would like to include those of our members.

      Tom Shay
    • Ron Church
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 24, 2002

        I was there on the 17th and took the hike of the north end of the field.
        There were two rangers giving the tour, who I'm sure were caught by surprise
        at the number of people who showed up. At a conservative estimate there
        were 200 in the group. The two rangers, Brian Barascz and Tom (can't
        remember his last name) alternated the speaking duties and did a fantastic
        job. Please relay my thanks and cudos to them. They had to make several
        "tactical adjustments" in doing their best to accommodate such a large
        group. But they did it and very well. I especially enjoyed Brians talk of
        the actions in the West Woods.

        Ron Church
        Manchester Md

        > For anyone who participated in this year's anniversary hikes at Antietam,
        do
        > you have any comments about the hikes? I've been asked to pass along my
        > comments and would like to include those of our members.
        >
        > Tom Shay

      • Steve Lopez
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 25, 2002
          --- In TalkAntietam@y..., "Ron Church" <rchurch@q...> wrote:
          >The two rangers, Brian Barascz and Tom (can't
          > remember his last name) alternated the speaking duties

          I believe it was Mike Gamble. He and Brian led the afternoon hike as
          well as all of the hikes the weekend of the 14th and 15th.

          -- Steve Lopez
        • Ron Church
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 25, 2002
            Steve,

            Yes, thank you! It was Mike Gamble. Both did a great job.

            Ron Church
            Manchester Md