A few news items

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 18, 2002
    • rotbaron@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005
        From today's HAGERSTOWN HERALD-MAIL:

        Sharpsburg's Battlefield Advisory Committee reported Monday:

        The History Channel completed filming a segment on Antietam. The program, called "Ten Days that Changed America," will be shown later this year or early 2006 and includes a portion on Antietam. The committee also met with representatives from the Federal Highway Administration to review drawings of a proposed repaving project for Antietam.

        The Maryland Monument Project is nearly complete, and is on time and within budget.

        National Park Service staff members are being dispatched to the Gulf Coast to assist Hurricane Katrina recovery efforts. One Antietam staff member and two Monocacy staff members have been assigned.

        Access to Burnside Bridge will be limited from Sept. 26 to 30 for construction.

      • richard@rcroker.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005
          Tom--

          Any more details on the History Channel show?

          Richard

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005
            Nothing that I can add. I saw them filming some, but was not involved.

            >>> richard@... 09/13/05 4:08 PM >>>
          • richard@rcroker.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
              They have a guy (I had his web site at one point in my life but have long
              since lost it) who takes stills with an authentic Gardenresque CW era
              camera. They were going to use it for "background" on the show. The
              producer won a Peabody for a doc he did on the McCarthy era. All ten of
              these shows are produced by "award-winning" producer-directors. I'm thrilled
              that they selected Antietam over Gettysburg. When speaking to groups I tell
              them that Antietam belongs on the same list with Bunker Hill, Gettysburg and
              D-Day, and if that list can only have three names on it -- take Gettysburg
              off and put Antietam on. The History Channel (at least this time)
              apparently has done just that.

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
                Richard,

                Would the photographer be Rob Gibson?

                Very respectfully,

                to preserve it, save that of honour."

              • richard@rcroker.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 15, 2005
                  The work is very similar, but Gibson's web site is different. I think this
                  may be a different guy.