Account of Irish Brigade at Antietam

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2002
      Today, the 140th anniversary of the Irish Brigade's assault at Antietam's
      "Bloody Road," TheWildGeese.Com are proud to present the first two parts of
      their six-part series offering the Antietam narrative of County Louth native
      James Turner, a brigade staff officer writing several weeks after the battle
      for New York's Irish American newspaper. Through the week, they will present
      Turner's vivid and powerful account of the brigade's heroic attack and his
      eulogy for his fallen comrades.

      * Part 1: <A HREF="http://www.thewildgeese.com/pages/turnpt1.html">Out of the
      Mist</A> http://www.thewildgeese.com/pages/turnpt1.html

      * Part 2: '<A HREF="http://www.thewildgeese.com/pages/turnpt2.html">No Retreat
      </A>' http://www.thewildgeese.com/pages/turnpt2.html *

      * Brief Biography of James Turner
      http://www.thewildgeese.com/pages/turnpt1.html#turnbio

      Tom Shay - Cressona, PA
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17, 2002

        Did not Turner go under the nom de plume of Gallowglass?

        Your humble servant,
        Gerry Mayers
        Pvt., CS Signals,
        Longstreet's Corps

        Edward Lee

        Gods and Generals movie slated for general theater release
        February 21, 2003--
        said by Stephen Lang, September 14, 2002

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/