Suggestions?

  • oubobbysmu
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12, 2002
      are all of the events over at the re-enactment and stuff on the
      actual battlefield? what will be happening on the battlefield this
      weekend?
    • Rawlings, Kevin
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 12, 2002
        No re-enactment is ever done on the battlefield as the Park Service since
        the Centennial observances has outlawed re-enactments on its' land. This is
        happening on a private site several miles from the actual battlefield. There
        are talks by historians and authors and ranger hikes to certain portions of
        the battlefield about that area's part in the battle. I don't think there
        will be any living history groups there this weekend though there should be
        lots of activities as noted by Antietam's website. Check it out for a
        complete roster of events and times.

        Kevin Rawlings

      • rotbaron@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 12, 2002
          In a message dated 09/12/2002 12:26:58 PM EST, Oubobbysmu@... writes:
          << are all of the events over at the re-enactment and stuff on the actual
          battlefield? what will be happening on the battlefield this weekend? >>

          I have posted links on our TalkAntietam website that point to Re-enactment
          schedule and NPS's schedule.
          Of course there is also the Sharpsburg Festival!

          See the links at:
          <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/talkantietam/">
          http://www.geocities.com/talkantietam/</A>

          Weather for Friday and Saturday is expected to be superb!

          Tom Shay - heading for Antietam at dawn
        • Rawlings, Kevin
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 12, 2002
            Travel safe, Tom! Maybe I'll see you around town.
            Kevin
          • rotbaron@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 12, 2002
              In a message dated 09/12/2002 1:49:47 PM EST, kevin.rawlings@... writes:
              << Travel safe, Tom! Maybe I'll see you around town. >>

              Undoubtedly our paths will cross somewhere this weekend!

              By the way, for anyone interested in this weekend's Sharpsburg Festival,
              there is some info at:

              <A HREF="http://www.sharpsburgheritagefestival.org/">
              http://www.sharpsburgheritagefestival.org/</A>