Re: [TalkAntietam] Reenactment of Antietam

  • John Furey
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 12, 2002
      Gerry
      Actually I have been contributing to SHAF since '94 or '95. Also to the Texas
      Monument, same time frames.
      John Howard comes frome Carbondale, a town 15 mins. from where I live In
      Pleasant Mount, Pa. He sent me a really nice note a few weeks ago.
      I hope to move to a new place (for an old guy), by the end of Oct. An 1826
      Pa. Farmhouse (like a center hall eyebrow Col.), in Bradford County. Tony
      Turners 132Pa. Vol. Inf. country. Hopeing to have Tony and Carol over for
      good stuff and research.
      I would never compare you and Brian. You are both a credit to those who love
      our history, and wish to learn from it.
      John

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 16, 2002
        John;

        Thank you for your most kind words.

        Were you by any chance down at the field this weekend or anywhere
        near the reenactment site?

        Your humble servant,
        Gerry Mayers
        Pvt., CS Signals,