Re: [TalkAntietam] Reenactment of Antietam

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 10, 2002
      Kevin;

      I am glad to see you will be doing a stint at the National Civil
      War Museum later this year. That should be a real treat for you!

      Hope to be able to sip a cool one with you this time... and maybe
      you can even see me in gear... let me know if you can and I will
      try to see if it is possible to meet.

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Pvt., CS Signals,
      Longstreet's Corps

      Edward Lee

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 12, 2002
        Gerry
        Actually I have been contributing to SHAF since '94 or '95. Also to the Texas
        Monument, same time frames.
        John Howard comes frome Carbondale, a town 15 mins. from where I live In
        Pleasant Mount, Pa. He sent me a really nice note a few weeks ago.
        I hope to move to a new place (for an old guy), by the end of Oct. An 1826
        Pa. Farmhouse (like a center hall eyebrow Col.), in Bradford County. Tony
        Turners 132Pa. Vol. Inf. country. Hopeing to have Tony and Carol over for
        good stuff and research.
        I would never compare you and Brian. You are both a credit to those who love
        our history, and wish to learn from it.
        John

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 16, 2002
          John;

          Thank you for your most kind words.

          Were you by any chance down at the field this weekend or anywhere
          near the reenactment site?

          Your humble servant,
          Gerry Mayers
          Pvt., CS Signals,