Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Surviving Civil War Guns

  • John Furey
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2002
      Took a tour with Tom Shey in '01 , on Sedgwicks movements, ani I remember him
      pointing out, only the trees that saw the battle.
      Got to talk to "the man",Tom Clemans or Paul Chiles (ANB Ranger) for that
      Hey Tom !!! Linda and I are still planing to do the belated honeymoon at
      Pipers for a week and want to get together with you for dinner. Also, of
      course, get me up to the hill, to see with my own eyes if Hood could have
      gone fether. Also congrats on your doctorate. I just hope you will stay local
      and not join Bud and Bill Davis at Blacksberg.
      Did you know John Howard, lived 10 mins. from me in Carbondale, Pa. Again
      thank you for all you have done for the battlefield. My Grandson, soon to
      really understand, will know what really happened, on 9/17/62 thanks to you.
      You are a hero to America, prehaps more so, than the FDNY,NYPD,PANY, etc.
      It,s my opinion that you will be ranked with Harold B. Simpson. Now tell that
      to Peggy Fox down in Hillsboro. BTW, what do you think of the Liberals book
      on Antietam.