Hangin out my Shingle

  • grabilljs@hqmc.usmc.mil
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2001
      Greetings!

      Know ye, that the Honorable Assistant Surgeon of the 27th Virginia
      Volunteers of the renown "Stonewall Brigade" is open for business in this
      group! Calomel, Dovers Powders, and other Apothicaries are available!
      Surgery by appointment or Emergency.

      Your Obt. Servant,

      Capt Jason S. Grabill
      Assistant Surgeon,
      27th Regiment Virginia Volunteer Infantry
      "The Stonewall Brigade"
      "Aim, Fire low, and may God have mercy on their souls"
      Brigadier General Thomas J. Jackson at 1st Manassas 21 July 1861
    • Mark A. Pflum
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2001
        --- In TalkAntietam@y..., <grabilljs@h...> wrote:
        > Greetings!
        >
        > Know ye, that the Honorable Assistant Surgeon of the 27th Virginia
        > Volunteers of the renown "Stonewall Brigade" is open for business in
        this group! Calomel, Dovers Powders, and other Apothicaries are
        available! Surgery by appointment or Emergency.

        > Your Obt. Servant,
        >
        > Capt Jason S. Grabill
        > Assistant Surgeon,
        > 27th Regiment Virginia Volunteer Infantry
        > "The Stonewall Brigade"
        > "Aim, Fire low, and may God have mercy on their souls"
        > Brigadier General Thomas J. Jackson at 1st Manassas 21 July 1861

        Sir!

        It will take a great deal of Blue Mass to achieve recovery from the
        latest ailment we have suffered through. I hope your supplies are up
        to the demand. ;-)

        Hey! Where you heading with that knife and saw!

        Glad to see you around the fire, Captain!

        Mark A. Pflum
        (rank as needed)
        Captain Durell's Independent Battery "D," P.V.A.
        The Ringgold Battery
      • grabilljs@hqmc.usmc.mil
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 25, 2001
          Always a pleasure to serve those most in need. I see we have had a severe
          attack of the bilious sort, followed by complications of fever with
          paroxyms. Luckily, the prior purgative appears to have settled the matter.
          I stand ready for further service, Sir!

          Your Obt Svt &c &c..