Re-enactment update given

  • Andy Mills
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2002
      About 6,000 people have purchased tickets for the 140th
      Anniversary Commemoration of the Battle of Antietam, about the
      same number of people who bought pre-sale tickets before the 135th
      anniversary event, organizer Dennis Frye told the Hagerstown City
      Council Tuesday.

      "We are doing very well with our advance ticket sales," he said.

      The event runs from Sept. 13-15.

      It is hard to estimate total attendance based on the early ticket
      sales because this region is known for buying tickets at the last
      minute, he said.

      The weather could play a big role in attendance, he said.

      About 70,000 people attended the reenactment in 1997.

      Rest of the article:
      http://www.herald-mail.com/?
      module=displaystory&story_id=41909&format=html

      Sent via the KillerWebMail system at innernet.net