Re: [TalkAntietam] Off Topic

  • Ray Ortensie
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2002
      HA! Misguided Boilermaker? Only when it comes to our men's basketball
      team. I have no clue where he recruits those guys at!

      No, I have not had time to read the Antietam mag yet. Have a paper due next
      week on Slavery in Muslim Africa and have been devoting a lot of time to
      that. Plus I am trying to finish up an article on religion within the 2nd
      Corps, Army of Northern Virginia, during the winter of 1862-1863 to have
      submitted for publication. Along with those two things I have been trying
      to find a job. I'm on my ninth week of being laid off and just trying to
      find something that I can do till I can find the right job. Thanks for
      sending the article.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2002
        Tom;

        Could you send me a copy of that article as well? Or, if you are
        going to be at Sharpsburg in September for the anniversary, look
        me up at the Confederate command HQ area... just ask for Signal
        Corps Longstreet and you will probably be able to find me.

        Your humble servant,
        Gerry Mayers
        Pvt., CS Signals,
        Longstreet's Corps

        Edward Lee

        Sponsor ---------------------~-->
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • rotbaron@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 31, 2002
          In a message dated 8/31/02 11:11:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          gerry1952@... writes:
          > Could you send me a copy of that article as well? Or, if you are going to be
          > at Sharpsburg in September for the anniversary, look me up at the
          > Confederate command HQ area.

          Gerry,

          I plan to attend the event on Friday (Bill's talk on 17th MICH, Fox's Gap
          re-enactment, etc). On Saturday, I plan to join NPS Rangers for all the hikes
          at the park (two weeks from today!) .

          Regarding the article, I just finished it last night and noted it's taken
          from Gallagher's Antietam essays book (which I am guessing you have). If not,
          I can bring you a copy.