Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Farmer Wise's Well

  • Bill and Glenna Jo Christen
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 28, 2002
      Ron Church wrote:

      > That is a very good photo, thank you for pointing it out.
      > The lattice you note appears to contain a plant of some sort, so I don't
      > think it's anything more than that.

      Ron,

      I spent the day digging through my South Mountain files. I discovered some other
      photographs and a study that suggested that the well was at the other end of the
      house...about twenty-five or thirty feet west of the of lattice...which itself
      may actually may the entrance gate. This is same spot as you describe.

      I will take another look at the photos to check the fence construction.

      Bill