Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam tour

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 26, 2002
      Paula,

      Anyone who does so will be in for a treat with Tom Clemens!

      Incidentally, my new reenactment unit has a recruit who does not
      know very much at all about Sharpsburg/Antietam. So..the Thursday
      immediately before the events begin (September 12), he and I are
      going down to the field and he will receive a private and
      personal tour from me.

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Pvt., CS Signals,
      Longstreet's Corps

      Edward Lee

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26, 2002
        In a message dated 8/26/02 8:05:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        gerry1952@... writes:

        > So..the Thursday
        > immediately before the events begin (September 12), he and I are
        > going down to the field and he will receive a private and
        > personal tour from me.

        Great Gerry! I will be there on Sept 14th only, with the 90th Pa Antietam
        Monument Foundation. Stop by if you get a chance and perhaps buy a raffle or
        two to help this worthy cause.

        Paula

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 26, 2002
          Paula,

          That day at the reenactment will be a busy one for me... will
          have to see how the schedule works out. My wife and son will be
          going down the Friday evening and staying at the Four Points and
          then over to the site on Saturday and later Sunday morning before
          returning home.

          Your humble servant,
          Gerry Mayers
          Pvt., CS Signals,
          Longstreet's Corps

          Edward Lee

          Sponsor ---------------------~-->

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 26, 2002
            In a message dated 8/26/02 8:18:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            gerry1952@... writes:

            > That day at the reenactment will be a busy one for me... will
            > have to see how the schedule works out. My wife and son will be
            > going down the Friday evening and staying at the Four Points and
            > then over to the site on Saturday and later Sunday morning before
            > returning home.

            I certainly understand - but if anyone is around and happens to be in the
            area where the foundation table will be - please stop by and say hi. But
            don't go out of your way, I won't be there all day, but in and out.

            Paula

          • Tom Clemens
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 26, 2002
              Thank you for your kind words.