Antietam tour

  • Pa128th@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 26, 2002
      For those who might be interested. As you can see the tour guide is
      excellent! <g>

      If you have any questions, please direct them to Charlie Kelly(email below).
      I am just the messenger!! <g> (and of course plan to be on the trip!)

      Tour Antietam Battlefield

      with Battlefield Historian Dr. Thomas G. Clemens
      and the
      CWRT of Montgomery County

      Sunday, October 13, 2002

      $40.00

      Price includes bus transportation via Hagey Tours, box lunch, bus driver tip,
      and speaker fee.
      Dinner at a Maryland Restaurant on your own.
      Departs and Return parking lot of Historical Society of Montgomery County
      1654 DeKalb St., Norristown, Pa
      7AM-9PM
      Call Charlie Kelly 610-825-4642 or email
      Ckelly163@...

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26, 2002
        Paula,

        Anyone who does so will be in for a treat with Tom Clemens!

        Incidentally, my new reenactment unit has a recruit who does not
        know very much at all about Sharpsburg/Antietam. So..the Thursday
        immediately before the events begin (September 12), he and I are
        going down to the field and he will receive a private and
        personal tour from me.

        Your humble servant,
        Gerry Mayers
        Pvt., CS Signals,
        Longstreet's Corps

        Edward Lee

        Sponsor ---------------------~-->
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Pa128th@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 26, 2002
          In a message dated 8/26/02 8:05:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          gerry1952@... writes:

          > So..the Thursday
          > immediately before the events begin (September 12), he and I are
          > going down to the field and he will receive a private and
          > personal tour from me.

          Great Gerry! I will be there on Sept 14th only, with the 90th Pa Antietam
          Monument Foundation. Stop by if you get a chance and perhaps buy a raffle or
          two to help this worthy cause.

          Paula

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 26, 2002
            Paula,

            That day at the reenactment will be a busy one for me... will
            have to see how the schedule works out. My wife and son will be
            going down the Friday evening and staying at the Four Points and
            then over to the site on Saturday and later Sunday morning before
            returning home.

            Your humble servant,
            Gerry Mayers
            Pvt., CS Signals,
            Longstreet's Corps

            Edward Lee

            Sponsor ---------------------~-->

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 26, 2002
              In a message dated 8/26/02 8:18:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              gerry1952@... writes:

              > That day at the reenactment will be a busy one for me... will
              > have to see how the schedule works out. My wife and son will be
              > going down the Friday evening and staying at the Four Points and
              > then over to the site on Saturday and later Sunday morning before
              > returning home.

              I certainly understand - but if anyone is around and happens to be in the
              area where the foundation table will be - please stop by and say hi. But
              don't go out of your way, I won't be there all day, but in and out.

              Paula

            • Tom Clemens
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 26, 2002
                Thank you for your kind words.