Col. Christian

  • David Lutton
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2001
      I hope this question is not too far afield but I was wondering if anyone knew of the post war fate of Col. William Christian (Ist Corp, 2nd Div., 2nd Brig.)?

      His behavior  in the East Woods area and his subsequent resignation from the Army a few days later has always fascinated me.  What happens to a man who doesn't have the "right stuff" when he returns home?  What fate awaited this unfortunate soul?

      David Lutton
      Hollidaysburg Pa
    • Tom Clemens
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2001
        Dave,
        I have not done a lot of research on this. William A. Christian in the
        ORs is, I think, the same as William Henry Christian in Brevet Brig.
        Gen. in Blue. IF so, then he got a BBG promotion on 3/13/1865 with half
        the Union army officer corps. Ironic? He was an surveyor and engineer,
        and died in 1887. So it did not seem to ruin his career or life.

        David Lutton wrote:

        > Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
        > Encoding: quoted-printable
      • David Lutton
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2001
          Thanks. Tom

          It nice to think he got a chance to redeem himself.

          David Lutton