Re: Depictions of Assault on the Lower or Burnside Bridge

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2002
      Group,

      Have any of you actually taken the time to view and study the
      painting by James Hope of the assault on Burnside's Bridge? Hope
      was a participant at the Antietam battle and his painting were
      praised by veterans for their realism and their relative
      accuracy. One officer only had a single complaint about the
      paintings: Not enough bodies in some of them!

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Pvt., CS Signals,
      Longstreet's Corps