Re: [TalkAntietam] Mansfield's Route

  • TR Livesey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2002
      Don't get me wrong, I'm not on a mission to clear Mansfield's
      name...in the end, performance has to be about the most
      important factor in any commander's assessment, and Mansfield's
      short performance at Antietam is hardly likely to earn much
      praise. The truth is, however, that he walked onto his first
      ACW battlefield with much more experience than did many other
      fellow officers.

      Regards,

      TR Livesey
      tlivesey@...