Re: [TalkAntietam] Closing of Burnside Bridge

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2002
      Andy and all,

      The reason for the closing is to perform some very very badly
      needed repairs to the understructure of the bridge and
      repointing. There is still a way to get across The Antietam to
      see the Union positions and attack approach, but not from the
      overlook above where the Georgians under Toombs fought.

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers

      Edward Lee