Re: [TalkAntietam] Harpers Ferry OOB information wanted

  • Teej Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2002
      Curt Johnson wrote:

      > Scott,
      >
      > I haven't investigated this at all, but I would start with the Harpers
      Ferry Commission in the OR and also look at the CCCW hearings. Sorry for
      the alphabet soup, but I'm sure Scott understands the references. Allan
      Tischler's work will probably provide a wealth of references, but I haven't
      seen it.

      Curt,

      Allan Tischler's book "The History of the Harper's Ferry Cavalry
      Expedition, September 14 & 15, 1862" deals mostly with the " cavalry
      breakout" and the hearings held later. What is truly interesting is the way
      he shows how the numbers changed with the passage of time.

      Regards,
      Teej