Re: [TalkAntietam] Harpers Ferry OOB information wanted

  • Curt Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31 3:57 PM
      Scott,

      I haven't investigated this at all, but I would start with the Harpers Ferry Commission in the OR and also look at the CCCW hearings. Sorry for the alphabet soup, but I'm sure Scott understands the references. Allan Tischler's work will probably provide a wealth of references, but I haven't seen it.

      Curt

      Message 2 of 3 , May 31 5:42 PM
        Curt Johnson wrote:

        > Scott,
        >
        > I haven't investigated this at all, but I would start with the Harpers
        Ferry Commission in the OR and also look at the CCCW hearings. Sorry for
        the alphabet soup, but I'm sure Scott understands the references. Allan
        Tischler's work will probably provide a wealth of references, but I haven't
        seen it.

        Curt,

        Allan Tischler's book "The History of the Harper's Ferry Cavalry
        Expedition, September 14 & 15, 1862" deals mostly with the " cavalry
        breakout" and the hearings held later. What is truly interesting is the way
        he shows how the numbers changed with the passage of time.

        Regards,
        Teej