RE: [TalkAntietam] Official records on CD-ROM

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25 9:03 AM
      I am unfamiliar with "Research," but have used and delighted in the
      Guild Press edition since it was first introduced.

      Several years ago a review of the three existing OR/CDRoms was published
      in a CW magazine.

      The conclusion of the review was that the H-Bar version was filled with
      mistakes. The Guild Press and Broadfoot were about equal in
      friendliness and usability. But the Broadfoot version was and is several
      hundred dollars.

      I have used Broadfoot and agree. So purchase the Guild Press. Guild
      Press has gone on to do ORN, OR Atlas, SHSP, the Scribner Campaigns and
      a couple of others, necessary additions to a CW library.

      They are presently working on the Medical and Surgical History. When it
      is ready, it will be published as part of an omnibus edition on DVD:
      MSH, OR, ORN, OR Atlas, SHSP, Campaigns and a couple of others for about
      $250. There is a discount for those who purchased the CD versions. Check
      out their web site at guildpress.com.
      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      303.451.6376 Adco@...

      Message 2 of 3 , May 26 4:30 PM
        Thanks!

        Everyone agrees with you and I'm going to order the Guildpress
        version.