Offical records on CD-ROM

  • james2044
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24 5:43 PM
      I'm looking at this item and would like to know if any of you have
      bought it. I've found 2 vendors, Research on Amazon.com and Guild
      Press. The Research seems the better edition, WIN98 and all 128
      vols. The price is the same.

      Anyine able to help me out?
    • Bob Huddleston
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25 9:03 AM
        I am unfamiliar with "Research," but have used and delighted in the
        Guild Press edition since it was first introduced.

        Several years ago a review of the three existing OR/CDRoms was published
        in a CW magazine.

        The conclusion of the review was that the H-Bar version was filled with
        mistakes. The Guild Press and Broadfoot were about equal in
        friendliness and usability. But the Broadfoot version was and is several
        hundred dollars.

        I have used Broadfoot and agree. So purchase the Guild Press. Guild
        Press has gone on to do ORN, OR Atlas, SHSP, the Scribner Campaigns and
        a couple of others, necessary additions to a CW library.

        They are presently working on the Medical and Surgical History. When it
        is ready, it will be published as part of an omnibus edition on DVD:
        MSH, OR, ORN, OR Atlas, SHSP, Campaigns and a couple of others for about
        $250. There is a discount for those who purchased the CD versions. Check
        out their web site at guildpress.com.
        Take care,

        Bob

        Judy and Bob Huddleston
        10643 Sperry Street
        Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
        303.451.6376 Adco@...

        I'm looking at this item and would like to know if any of you have
        bought it. I've found 2 vendors, Research on Amazon.com and Guild
        Press. The Research seems the better edition, WIN98 and all 128
        vols. The price is the same.

        Anyine able to help me out?

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=178320.2057063.3524709.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705
        126278:HM/A=979989/R=0/*http:/www.fastweb.com/ib/yahoo-79f>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=178320.2057063.3524709.1829184/D=egrou
        pmail/S=1705126278:HM/A=979989/rand=191355014>

      • james2044
        Message 3 of 3 , May 26 4:30 PM
          Thanks!

          Everyone agrees with you and I'm going to order the Guildpress
          version.