Re: [TalkAntietam] Camp Wells, Va

  • pa128th
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 13, 2013
      Hi Gerry - I have pretty much cleaned out Bucks on their 128th stuff.  I have been to Carlisle several years ago and hope to visit again as I know they get new stuff all the time.  I haven't had much time yet to peruse their website.

      Right now, I want to get back to Berks Co because they have more information, but I didn't have that much time.   I also plan on heading out to Harrisburg.  I have been to the Pa archives before also, and they have many of the records, but again more then I had time for when I was there.  They also have some great 3D artifacts, which I was giving permission to photograph.

      I realize that I need to look for other soldier's input, but I really wanted to know if others in their research every came across something like this or any ideas on how much room one regiment would take in an encampment - especially one that is brand new with close to a full complement.

      Thanks for your input.

      Paula

      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 14, 2013

        FYI

        You are invited to help
        Celebrate Historical La Mott and Honor the United States Colored Troops 150th Anniversary and the founding of Camp William Penn*

        10:00 AM – 4:00 PM in Historical La Mott
        Parade
        Lectures
        Films
        Music
        Guided and self-guided walking tours
        Exhibits
        Encampment
        Regimental USCT Re-enactors
        Impersonators of Civil War Figures

        Rain or Shine
        Events will take place inside and outside

        Visit www.usct.org for information as the program is developed
        Phone: 215 885-2258

        Presented by: Citizens for the Restoration of Historical La Mott and The Camp William Penn Museum with support of The 3rd Regiment USCT Re-enactors and The 6th Regiment USCT Re-enactors

        *Camp William Penn, which was located in what is now modern day La Mott, was the first and largest Federal training site for colored soldiers during the Civil War.

        Note: Volunteers needed for help in all aspects of this event; some starting now and some the day of the event. Ideas and suggestions are also welcome. If you are able to help or participate, please contact:
        Citizens for the Restoration of Historical La Mott (CROHL)
        1618 Willow Avenue
        La Mott, PA 19027
        Phone: 215 885-2258
        Email: pt@...