Mercer Museum exhibit/128th Pa

  • pa128th
    Message 1 of 39 , Aug 24, 2013
      Hi all! Just a reminder if you are in the Doylestown Bucks county area:

      Last chance to see this excellent exhibit , Turning Points at the Mercer Museum. It ends on August 25(tomorrow). The Mercer Museum is located at 84 S. Pine Street, Doylestown, Pa. Cost: Included in museum admission

      www.mercermuseum.org/exhibits/current-and-upcoming/

      I will be there on Sunday as a docent in the 128th Pa area, 1-3 pm. Come by and say hi!

      Speaking of the 128th - I am finally going to put all my research together on them for my Master's thesis. As some of you know I have been researching them for many years and give presentations on their history.

      I would appreciate if any of you come across anything important or interesting during your own readings and research concerning them - if you would let me know. They were in the XII Corps and participated in two battles, Antietam and Chancellorsville. They were a 9 month regiment enlisting in Bucks, Berks and Lehigh County in August, 1862 and were mustered out in mid-May, 1863. Many of the men reenlisted in other regiments and I have been trying to get more information on that.

      Thanks,

      Paula

    • pa128th
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 14, 2013

        FYI

        You are invited to help
        Celebrate Historical La Mott and Honor the United States Colored Troops 150th Anniversary and the founding of Camp William Penn*

        10:00 AM – 4:00 PM in Historical La Mott
        Parade
        Lectures
        Films
        Music
        Guided and self-guided walking tours
        Exhibits
        Encampment
        Regimental USCT Re-enactors
        Impersonators of Civil War Figures

        Rain or Shine
        Events will take place inside and outside

        Visit www.usct.org for information as the program is developed
        Phone: 215 885-2258

        Presented by: Citizens for the Restoration of Historical La Mott and The Camp William Penn Museum with support of The 3rd Regiment USCT Re-enactors and The 6th Regiment USCT Re-enactors

        *Camp William Penn, which was located in what is now modern day La Mott, was the first and largest Federal training site for colored soldiers during the Civil War.

        Note: Volunteers needed for help in all aspects of this event; some starting now and some the day of the event. Ideas and suggestions are also welcome. If you are able to help or participate, please contact:
        Citizens for the Restoration of Historical La Mott (CROHL)
        1618 Willow Avenue
        La Mott, PA 19027
        Phone: 215 885-2258
        Email: pt@...