Re: Lt. Col. James C. Lane Photo

    Message 1 of 39 , Aug 23, 2013
      Scott,

      I'm writing a bio of Mansfield and for my Antietam chapter, I'm making a mostly successful effort to get photos of all XII Corps brigade/division commanders for 17 Sept. 1862. Lane and Lt. Col. Jonathan Austin, 78th NY, look to be the last two I'm seeking (Austin seems to be impossible). I would use Lane's photo in that chapter and be very happy to credit your source.

      At this point I don't collect CDV's so unless I do a 8th CT Regimental history I couldn't use them. If I did do a CT regiment, it would definitely be the 8th, but I think it will take me at least a year to finish Mansfield. As of now, the 8th would be a likely third book for me.

      Larry
      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, Scott D Hann <sdhann@...> wrote:

      > Larry,
      >
      > Can I ask what you want to use the image for? I might know a collector who
      > would scan his image of Lane for you. In return, he'd only ask credit for
      > the image.
      >
      > Do you yourself collect photos from the 8th CT? I have a group of CDVs
      > from the regiment that I've offered to another collector, but he's shown
      > mixed interest.
      >
      > Best wishes,
      >
      > Scott
      >

      > On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Larry Freiheit
      > <eighth_conn_inf@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Thanks, Scott! Unfortunately, the only photo of James Crandall Lane isn't
      > > digitized so I guess I would have to request a copy or visit Carlisle as
      > > long as the Hunt Collection there allows commercial copy use. Colonels in
      > > Blue, New York pp. 169-170 has photos referencing Hunt and
      > > Meserve:Frederick H. Meserve Collection has one (vol.
      > > 17, 41) but there are no public, digital copies available.
      > >

      > > ________________________________

    • pa128th
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 14, 2013

        FYI

        You are invited to help
        Celebrate Historical La Mott and Honor the United States Colored Troops 150th Anniversary and the founding of Camp William Penn*

        10:00 AM – 4:00 PM in Historical La Mott
        Parade
        Lectures
        Films
        Music
        Guided and self-guided walking tours
        Exhibits
        Encampment
        Regimental USCT Re-enactors
        Impersonators of Civil War Figures

        Rain or Shine
        Events will take place inside and outside

        Visit www.usct.org for information as the program is developed
        Phone: 215 885-2258

        Presented by: Citizens for the Restoration of Historical La Mott and The Camp William Penn Museum with support of The 3rd Regiment USCT Re-enactors and The 6th Regiment USCT Re-enactors

        *Camp William Penn, which was located in what is now modern day La Mott, was the first and largest Federal training site for colored soldiers during the Civil War.

        Note: Volunteers needed for help in all aspects of this event; some starting now and some the day of the event. Ideas and suggestions are also welcome. If you are able to help or participate, please contact:
        Citizens for the Restoration of Historical La Mott (CROHL)
        1618 Willow Avenue
        La Mott, PA 19027
        Phone: 215 885-2258
        Email: pt@...