Top five most impressively preserved military sites

  • RoteBaron
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2013
      Check out this list of five of the world’s most impressively preserved military sites. Antietam make the list at number 4.

      Many thanks to SHAF and the park’s great staff, without whom it couldn’t have been done!

      http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/05/22/world-5-most-impressive-battlefield-sites/

    • Bob Huddleston
      Message 2 of 2 , May 24, 2013
        A good selection. Sadly nature and the Channel are taking back Pointe du
        Hoc: we were there in 1983 and again in 2010 and comparing the pictures
        shows how much is gone forever.

        BTW, the article is damaged by the inclusion of a picture from one of
        the least historical movies ever made!

        Take care,

        Bob

        Judy and Bob Huddleston
        10643 Sperry Street
        Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
        Huddleston.r@...

        "The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are
        insane." ---Mark Twain