Re: Antietam Cyclorama by Paul Philippoteaux

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24 5:30 PM

      > I see the Mansfield part of the Antietam Cyclorama by Paul Philippoteaux in CWTI August 1996 pp. 32-33 (thanks to John Gross) but no reference to the source of the picture. I've contacted Mr. Shoaf but thought that some Antietam fan knows where a photo of this may be found. Neely's and Holzer's book doesn't have it. A photo of this would be perfect for my Mansfield bio maybe even on the cover.
      >
      > I recently saw that some, or all, of this Mansfield part was for sale by a dealer in England who is asking $450,000, maybe if we all chipped in?
      >
      > Larry Freiheit

      Seems that the Mansfield "Antietam" piece in Holzer's article is a part of a Monitor and Merrimac panorama: "A Comprehensive Sketch of the Merrimac and Monitor Naval Battle" (New York, NY: Merrimac and Monitor Panorama Company, 1886), not from an Antietam panorama.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 24 6:00 PM

        http://archive.org/stream/monitornavalbase00merrrich#page/4/mode/2up