Antietam Cyclorama by Paul Philippoteaux

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2013
      I see the Mansfield part of the Antietam Cyclorama by Paul Philippoteaux in CWTI August 1996 pp. 32-33 (thanks to John Gross) but no reference to the source of the picture. I've contacted Mr. Shoaf but thought that some Antietam fan knows where a photo of this may be found. Neely's and Holzer's book doesn't have it. A photo of this would be perfect for my Mansfield bio maybe even on the cover.

      I recently saw that some, or all, of this Mansfield part was for sale by a dealer in England who is asking $450,000, maybe if we all chipped in?

      Larry Freiheit
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 24, 2013

        > I see the Mansfield part of the Antietam Cyclorama by Paul Philippoteaux in CWTI August 1996 pp. 32-33 (thanks to John Gross) but no reference to the source of the picture. I've contacted Mr. Shoaf but thought that some Antietam fan knows where a photo of this may be found. Neely's and Holzer's book doesn't have it. A photo of this would be perfect for my Mansfield bio maybe even on the cover.
        >
        > I recently saw that some, or all, of this Mansfield part was for sale by a dealer in England who is asking $450,000, maybe if we all chipped in?
        >
        > Larry Freiheit

        Seems that the Mansfield "Antietam" piece in Holzer's article is a part of a Monitor and Merrimac panorama: "A Comprehensive Sketch of the Merrimac and Monitor Naval Battle" (New York, NY: Merrimac and Monitor Panorama Company, 1886), not from an Antietam panorama.
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 24, 2013

          http://archive.org/stream/monitornavalbase00merrrich#page/4/mode/2up