Re: [TalkAntietam] Questions re Second Corps AoP and Irish Brigade

  • DPowell334@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2012
      As I recall, 2nd Corps marched to Centerville on Aug 31, without their
      artillery.

      Dave Powell

      In a message dated 12/31/2012 9:31:40 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      eighth_conn_inf@... writes:

      You could check Kreiser's "Defeating Lee: A History of the Second Corps,
      Army of the Potomac," published last year by Indiana University Press.
      Amazon has Look Inside for it--maybe that will help. It is about $6 plus
      shipping. Maryland Campaign questions likely answered by Hartwig's new book or by
      Clemens's Carman.

      Here is the cite for Mr. Armstrong's book which could help you if you wish
      to buy it:
      "Unfurl Those Colors: McClellan,
      Sumner, and the Second Army Corps in the Antietam Campaign" by Marion
      V. Armstrong Jr. Amazon does not have Look Inside for this one. Cheapest
      on Amazon c. $40.

      Good luck with your research.

      Larry

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
        Larry;

        Thanks. Dave McGowan offered to send me his copy of Armstrong's book
        and I think I shall take him up on hit. BTW I ordered the history of
        the 2nd Corps via Kindle so I should have it soon!

        Thanks for the tips!

        PS: I hope you have bought the None But Heroes novel to read!

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 3, 2013
          No--unfortunately I don't have Kindle. My book is only available hard copy but I would be happy to sign one and send it to you at a good price.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 3, 2013
            Larry;

            I was talking about MY novel not your book. LOL!

            BTW you can download a free reader app from Amazon Kindle and then purchase the novel. The app will allow you to read the novel on your computer or laptop or smartphone or tablet.