Re: [TalkAntietam] Questions re Second Corps AoP and Irish Brigade

  • Larry Freiheit
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2012
      You could check Kreiser's "Defeating Lee: A History of the Second Corps, Army of the Potomac," published last year by Indiana University Press. Amazon has Look Inside for it--maybe that will help. It is about $6 plus shipping. Maryland Campaign questions likely answered by Hartwig's new book or by Clemens's Carman.

      Here is the cite for Mr. Armstrong's book which could help you if you wish to buy it:
      "Unfurl Those Colors: McClellan,
      Sumner, and the Second Army Corps in the Antietam Campaign" by Marion
      V. Armstrong Jr. Amazon does not have Look Inside for this one. Cheapest on Amazon c. $40.

      Good luck with your research.

      Larry

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 31, 2012
        As I recall, 2nd Corps marched to Centerville on Aug 31, without their
        artillery.

        Dave Powell

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
          Larry;

          Thanks. Dave McGowan offered to send me his copy of Armstrong's book
          and I think I shall take him up on hit. BTW I ordered the history of
          the 2nd Corps via Kindle so I should have it soon!

          Thanks for the tips!

          PS: I hope you have bought the None But Heroes novel to read!

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 3, 2013
            No--unfortunately I don't have Kindle. My book is only available hard copy but I would be happy to sign one and send it to you at a good price.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 3, 2013
              Larry;

              I was talking about MY novel not your book. LOL!

              BTW you can download a free reader app from Amazon Kindle and then purchase the novel. The app will allow you to read the novel on your computer or laptop or smartphone or tablet.