RE: [TalkAntietam] Questions re Second Corps AoP and Irish Brigade

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 29, 2012
      Mike;

      As always thanks much for the information you did provide! At least
      that is a start point!

      My novel None But Heroes is selling decently and I have set up a blog
      about the novel as well. Info is below.

      https://www.amazon.com/author/gerardemayers

      http://nonebutheroes.blogspot.com/

      "True patriotism sometimes requires of men to act exactly contrary, at
      one period, to that which it does at another, and the motive which
      impels them--the desire to do right--is precisely the same. The
      circumstances which govern their actions change; and their conduct
      must conform to the new order of things." -- Robert E. Lee

      From: _TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com)
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 31, 2012
        You could check Kreiser's "Defeating Lee: A History of the Second Corps, Army of the Potomac," published last year by Indiana University Press. Amazon has Look Inside for it--maybe that will help. It is about $6 plus shipping. Maryland Campaign questions likely answered by Hartwig's new book or by Clemens's Carman.

        Here is the cite for Mr. Armstrong's book which could help you if you wish to buy it:
        "Unfurl Those Colors: McClellan,
        Sumner, and the Second Army Corps in the Antietam Campaign" by Marion
        V. Armstrong Jr. Amazon does not have Look Inside for this one. Cheapest on Amazon c. $40.

        Good luck with your research.

        Larry

        ________________________________
[...]

        5. Where did the 2nd Corps generally bivouac in the hours leading up to the battle on September 17th?

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 31, 2012
          As I recall, 2nd Corps marched to Centerville on Aug 31, without their
          artillery.

          Dave Powell

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
            Larry;

            Thanks. Dave McGowan offered to send me his copy of Armstrong's book
            and I think I shall take him up on hit. BTW I ordered the history of
            the 2nd Corps via Kindle so I should have it soon!

            Thanks for the tips!

            PS: I hope you have bought the None But Heroes novel to read!

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 3, 2013
              No--unfortunately I don't have Kindle. My book is only available hard copy but I would be happy to sign one and send it to you at a good price.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 3, 2013
                Larry;

                I was talking about MY novel not your book. LOL!

                BTW you can download a free reader app from Amazon Kindle and then purchase the novel. The app will allow you to read the novel on your computer or laptop or smartphone or tablet.