Re: [TalkAntietam] Strange Messages

  • Tommy Schmitz
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 28 1:00 PM
      Tom --

      I have been getting these e-mails frequently over the past few days/week
      with the TalkAntietam header, too. These was no "body" to the text, just an
      ad to buy inexpensive stocks. I didn't make sense of them so I deleted
      them. Afterwards, I saw the posts about a possible virus. Even today, I have
      received some suspect e-mails, but have no idea what is going on.

      And congratulations on your Ph.D.

      -- Tommy Schmitz

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 28 1:18 PM
        Tommy;

        You have confused Tom Shay with Tom Clemens, who received the
        doctorate.

        I have been receiving virus emails from TalkAntietam also but
        with .pif and .bat attachments, which I delete immediately.

        Your humble servant,
        Gerry Mayers
        Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

        Edward Lee

        Sponsor ---------------------~-->
        > Buy Stock for $4
        > and no minimums.
        > FREE Money 2002.
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/k6cvND/n97DAA/ySSFAA/GmiolB/TM
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Oliver Gamble
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 28 7:22 PM
          I have been getting these e-mails frequently over the past few days/week
          with the TalkAntietam header, too. These was no "body" to the text, just an
          ad to buy inexpensive stocks. I didn't make sense of them so I deleted
          them. Afterwards, I saw the posts about a possible virus. Even today, I have
          received some suspect e-mails, but have no idea what is going on.

          And congratulations on your Ph.D.

          -- Tommy Schmitz

          If you read the ads, you now have an infected computer. The ads are the virus.

        • Bud Wilkinson
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 29 4:11 AM
            I received 4 messages from Talk Antietam this morning containing
            this same virus.......

            Bud