Re: [TalkAntietam] Strange Messages

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 26, 2002
      In a message dated 4/26/02 8:05:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, brdowney@...
      writes:
      > Apparently a virus has hijacked "dunkerch@..." and has been
      > zapping us here

      As I noted earlier, that email address is David Lutton, a devoted member of
      our group who obviously is embroiled in a nasty fight with a computer virus.

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 26, 2002
        Bud,

        Please contact me privately with how to un-install an
        "uninstallable" NAV 2000 on Sunday. Thanks.

        Your humble servant,
        Gerry Mayers
        Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

        Edward Lee

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 28, 2002
          Tom --

          I have been getting these e-mails frequently over the past few days/week
          with the TalkAntietam header, too. These was no "body" to the text, just an
          ad to buy inexpensive stocks. I didn't make sense of them so I deleted
          them. Afterwards, I saw the posts about a possible virus. Even today, I have
          received some suspect e-mails, but have no idea what is going on.

          And congratulations on your Ph.D.

          -- Tommy Schmitz

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 28, 2002
            Tommy;

            You have confused Tom Shay with Tom Clemens, who received the
            doctorate.

            I have been receiving virus emails from TalkAntietam also but
            with .pif and .bat attachments, which I delete immediately.

            Your humble servant,
            Gerry Mayers
            Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

            Edward Lee

            Sponsor ---------------------~-->
            > Buy Stock for $4
            > and no minimums.
            > FREE Money 2002.
            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/k6cvND/n97DAA/ySSFAA/GmiolB/TM
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Oliver Gamble
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 28, 2002
              I have been getting these e-mails frequently over the past few days/week
              with the TalkAntietam header, too. These was no "body" to the text, just an
              ad to buy inexpensive stocks. I didn't make sense of them so I deleted
              them. Afterwards, I saw the posts about a possible virus. Even today, I have
              received some suspect e-mails, but have no idea what is going on.

              And congratulations on your Ph.D.

              -- Tommy Schmitz

              If you read the ads, you now have an infected computer. The ads are the virus.

            • Bud Wilkinson
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 29, 2002
                I received 4 messages from Talk Antietam this morning containing
                this same virus.......

                Bud