Strange Messages

  • antietam1862
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 26, 2002
      Hi Folks,

      Apparently a virus has hijacked "dunkerch@..." and has been
      zapping us here on TaslAntietam, so I have blocked that account
      temporarily. Will the owner please contact me via email directly
      _after_ disinfecting.

      I have blocked the ability for anyone to upload files to the group,
      also to help prevent further passing of viral content. Please let me
      know privately if this causes anyone any problems.

      Lastly, please never download a file from this or any group without
      the knowlwdge that it may be poisonous ...

      caveat emptor

      Brian
    • rotbaron@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 26, 2002
        In a message dated 4/26/02 8:05:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, brdowney@...
        writes:
        > Apparently a virus has hijacked "dunkerch@..." and has been
        > zapping us here

        As I noted earlier, that email address is David Lutton, a devoted member of
        our group who obviously is embroiled in a nasty fight with a computer virus.

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 26, 2002
          Bud,

          Please contact me privately with how to un-install an
          "uninstallable" NAV 2000 on Sunday. Thanks.

          Your humble servant,
          Gerry Mayers
          Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

          Edward Lee

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 28, 2002
            Tom --

            I have been getting these e-mails frequently over the past few days/week
            with the TalkAntietam header, too. These was no "body" to the text, just an
            ad to buy inexpensive stocks. I didn't make sense of them so I deleted
            them. Afterwards, I saw the posts about a possible virus. Even today, I have
            received some suspect e-mails, but have no idea what is going on.

            And congratulations on your Ph.D.

            -- Tommy Schmitz

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 28, 2002
              Tommy;

              You have confused Tom Shay with Tom Clemens, who received the
              doctorate.

              I have been receiving virus emails from TalkAntietam also but
              with .pif and .bat attachments, which I delete immediately.

              Your humble servant,
              Gerry Mayers
              Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

              Edward Lee

              Sponsor ---------------------~-->
              > Buy Stock for $4
              > and no minimums.
              > FREE Money 2002.
              > http://us.click.yahoo.com/k6cvND/n97DAA/ySSFAA/GmiolB/TM
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Oliver Gamble
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 28, 2002
                I have been getting these e-mails frequently over the past few days/week
                with the TalkAntietam header, too. These was no "body" to the text, just an
                ad to buy inexpensive stocks. I didn't make sense of them so I deleted
                them. Afterwards, I saw the posts about a possible virus. Even today, I have
                received some suspect e-mails, but have no idea what is going on.

                And congratulations on your Ph.D.

                -- Tommy Schmitz

                If you read the ads, you now have an infected computer. The ads are the virus.

              • Bud Wilkinson
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 29, 2002
                  I received 4 messages from Talk Antietam this morning containing
                  this same virus.......

                  Bud