RE: [TalkAntietam] cycling tour books

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2012
      Lord. Tom! I have that very book you mentioned! Dang!

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2012
        OMG<I am sure that that is him.How tragic.I knew he was younger than me.The day I speak of,he was waiting on his bike next to mine when I came out of the visitor center.He noticed the touring paniers on my bike and was curious,and introduced himself.Oh thats just awful,that I finally have a chance to reconnect with him and he is gone.I had told him I had ridden into the valley over Thornton gap a few days earlier,and wasnt looking forward to another long day back over the Blue ridge,when he suggested the tow-path.We discussed the route of A.P.Hills march,which I was still frustrated from an argument with a park ranger over,and he took me to the Sharpsburg PO so I could send home a souvenier.After which we rode together back to Harpers Ferry where he put air in my tires,and gave me a Tow-path cap which I rode,wearing the rest of the trip.I have never forgotten his hospitality.