Re: [TalkAntietam] Henry B. Schroeder

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2012
      There were, I suspect, a number. One I can think of include Henry Scott,
      author of the 1860 Military Dictionary and son-in-law of Winfield
      (Cullum 747). Henry served in effect as Winfield Scott's chief of Staff
      from 1842 to 1861. He retired in October 1861 and was on leave of
      absence -- in Europe -- from October 1861 to October 31, 1862 -- which
      date he resigned his commission and gave up his pension. I wonder what
      his father-in-law thought about that?

      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      Huddleston.r@...

      "The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are
      insane." ---Mark Twain