RE: [TalkAntietam] Bridge over Little Antietam Creek

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 21, 2012
      IIRC there is a place not far from the bridge that can be forded. Tom Clemens led a group of us there back in 2001 in the old ADG...

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 21, 2012
        Jim,

        Many thanks! That’s probably the best response in favor of the bridge being there in 1862. Excellent.

        Tom Shay

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 22, 2012
          Your welcome Tom.
          Jim

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 27, 2012
            That bridge was definitely there during the war. There is a smaller ford
            upstream a few hundred yards but the main ford near that bridge would have
            been at the Pry Mill. The ford is located just downstream from where the
            smaller feeder creek empties into the Antietam Creek.

            Ian