Group admin: delays in posting

  • Brian Downey
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2001
      Hi group,

      I'm passing on the following from the yahoo help desk about why it's
      taking so long to see posts. I hope this means the problem is being
      worked... btw, please don't reply to this post. If you have issues,
      please contact me direct and personal,

      Thanks

      <begin>
      From: "Michael Golliday" <golliday@y...>
      Date: Tue May 1, 2001 10:06 pm
      Subject: Problems Today

      I'm sure many of you have noticed already, but I hought
      I'd update everyone on the situation today.

      Sometime last night, we had networking problems at our
      hosting center. On top of this, we had problems with four of our
      archive servers, which led to the 'archive temporarily unavailable'
      message for groups on those machines.
      Mail sent to these groups while the servers were down
      was queued here, and doesn't need to be re-sent.

      The above problems had a cascading effect on all mail
      delivery, which is still backed up on the order of two hours. Some
      machines are less loaded than others though, so your mileage may
      vary.

      Sorry for the inconvenience.

      Mike

      <end>